Fine & Performing Arts Art History
Majors in Art History will be able to:
- Identify and contextualize major works of art and architecture from pre-history to the present.
- Demonstrate historical awareness through an understanding of world cultures and the evolution of a global civilization.
- Understand the role of art in the development of society, including how art reflects social and cultural ideologies.
- Comprehend the methodological approaches used in art history.
- Engage in research and utilize available resources (archives, databases, etc.).
- Write and speak clearly and convincingly in order to communicate original ideas and analyze text.