Education & Human Sciences Athletic Training
Majors in Athletic Training will be able to:
- Accept the importance of professional development and lifelong learning as being necessary for certified athletic trainers.
- Understand the importance of injury prevention, and display skills needed to lessen the number and severity of athletic injuries.
- Develop the skill needed to evaluate injuries and illnesses incurred by athletes and physically active individuals.
- Understand the principles of wound and injury healing, and how physical treatments can enhance the recovery process.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of therapeutic modalities and rehabilitation to restore the physically active individual to their activities.
- Understand the principles of personnel, facility, and program management to effectively manage a health care facility.