Engineering Biological Systems Engineering
Majors in Biological Systems Engineering will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, physics, and the engineering sciences.
- Apply knowledge of the chemical and biological sciences, and biological systems engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, utilize probability and statistics, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- Function on teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- Recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- Have a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.