Arts & Sciences Chemistry
Majors in Chemistry will be able to:
- Explain basic chemical principles.
- Perform calculations and data analyses to solve chemical problems.
- Apply basic chemical principles to chemical systems.
- Design chemical experiments to study chemical compounds and processes.
- Employ laboratory techniques and instrumentation to perform chemical experiments.
- Apply chemical hygiene and safety best practices.
- Utilize computer-based tools to research and critically analyze chemical information.
- Communicate integrated scientific knowledge and practice.
- Secure entry into graduate programs, professional schools or professional positions that build upon the degree.