Engineering Civil Engineering
Majors in Civil Engineering will be able to:
- Apply their solid foundation in civil engineering toward the practice and to obtain an advanced-degree education toward a broad range of career choices.
- Perform technical analysis or design of a complex system, component or process as acting representatives of governmental agencies, private consulting engineering firms, research organizations or industry.
- Explain engineering concepts accurately and effectively to inform technical and non-technical audiences using appropriate verbal, written, virtual and graphical means.
- Apply basic project management and business concepts and processes.
- Engage in lifelong learning to foster technical growth, ethical conduct, and the practice of professional communication, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Obtain licensure in a profession such as civil engineering, after a requisite number of years in practice.