Arts & Sciences Communication Studies
Majors in Communication Studies will be able to:
- Develop the core competencies to advocate, negotiate, and relate across communicative contexts.
- Proficiently create, organize, convey, and evaluate messages.
- Understand and apply theories and methods of symbolic activity.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize and develop a critical framework for making ethical choices surrounding communication.
- Showcase awareness of the complex nature of multiple communication contexts (such as public, interpersonal, group, organizational, intercultural).
- Recognize how message channels influence the communication process.
- Understand human diversity and the influence of diversity on communication.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and critically evaluate historical, current and future social issues through a communicative perspective.