Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources Food Science & Technology
Majors in Food Science & Technology will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to apply chemical, microbiological, and engineering principles to the processing and preservation of safe, nutritious and appealing food products.
- Effectively communicate scientific, technical and other information, both orally and in writing, to supervisors, colleagues, subordinates and consumers.
- Understand the role of government regulatory agencies, and other groups responsible for making and enforcing rules, regulations, and guidelines related to food composition, processing and safety.
- Access and use technical and human resources, such as the World Wide Web, library systems, and consultants.
- Represent the field of food science in a scientific and professional manner and to participate in professional societies.
- Recognize ethical responsibilities regarding scientific and professional conduct, as well as to the consumer to produce safe and nutritious food products.
- Develop analytical and creative thinking skills necessary to approach scientific and other issues, problems, and situations.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team or group.