Engineering Mechanical Engineering
Majors in Mechanical Engineering will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- Have knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.