Fine & Performing Arts Music Education
Majors in Music Education (BME) will be able to:
- Understand the role of music in the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of children and adolescents.
- Integrate into instruction a variety of musical styles including classical, jazz, popular, and world music.
- Acquire effective teacher characteristics in terms of rapport with students, verbal instruction, and nonverbal communication.
- Detect errors in musical performance and devise effective strategies to correct them.
- Build a repertoire of classroom management techniques to use in any music teaching situation.
- Teach with engaging classroom activities and sound rehearsal techniques.
- Develop curricula and plan for instruction in P-12 settings.
- Use assessment appropriately in various educational settings.