Fine & Performing Arts Music
Majors in Music (BA/BM) will be able to:
- Perform in solo and ensemble settings with the technical and musical skills requisite for artistic self-expression.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the solo repertoire of their instrument and the interpretative skills needed to execute the range of styles in that repertoire.
- Read solo and ensemble literature at sight with fluency.
- Demonstrate an understanding of music theory, including the principles of common-practice harmony, musical form and compositional process.
- Demonstrate aural comprehension of common-practice music.
- Utilize the keyboard as a tool to support music learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the styles, genres, composers, forms and processes of the standard periods of art music in the Western European tradition.
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize historical and style-analytical information.