Education & Human Sciences Nutrition & Health Sciences: Nutrition & Dietetics Option
Majors in Nutrition & Dietetics will be able to:
- Attain the science and research foundation required for evidence-based practice as a registered dietitian.
- Demonstrate professional values, attitudes, and behaviors for a career as a registered dietitian.
- Articulate the role of nutrition and lifestyle choices in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrate a variety of effective education and counseling methods required for facilitation of behavior change.
- Apply the nutrition care process in the delivery of medical nutrition therapy in a variety of settings.
- Apply management and business theories and principles required to deliver programs and services.