Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources Plant Biology (CASNR)
Majors in Plant Biology will be able to:
- Be confident in explaining how various plants grow and reproduce and predict how they will respond to their growing environment.
- Plan and conduct experiments that are designed to test hypotheses and then communicate their discoveries in formats designed for other scientists or for the public.
- Use the principles of ecology to analyze and interpret the interactions of the plant, animal, environmental, and economic aspects of grassland ecosystems. (Ecology and Management Option)
- Identify management strategies for grasslands that ensure sustained productivity and resilience. (Ecology and Management Option)
- Envision and design genetic and production improvements in plants to better meet the needs of people or changes in plant production environments (Biotechnology Option)
- Be competitive applicants for graduate programs world wide in Plant Biology.