Fine & Performing Arts Theatre-Film & New Media
Majors in Theatre-Film & New Media will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of each of the three phases of motion picture production (pre-production, production, post-production) by applying established organizational techniques to their own productions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the motion picture industry and the range of career options available within the industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of story as it relates to narrative movie-making and apply that understanding to screenplays that they write.
- Develop and produce movies from concept through completion utilizing original scripts and both digital and traditional motion picture technology.
- Demonstrate an aesthetic sense in both screenwriting and as directly applied to individual movie projects.
- Demonstrate a technical proficiency in motion picture lighting, sound, editing, camera and production organization.
- Solve both technical and aesthetic problems that arise during the production process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of digital media, web site design and the production process for a range of digital applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of acting and directing for both stage and screen.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the collaborative nature of the movie making process by filling a variety of crew positions on student projects during their tenure in the FNM program.