Fine & Performing Arts Theatre-Performance
Majors in Theatre-Performance will be able to:
- Create a realistic, age-appropriate character.
- Demonstrate a clear, effective rehearsal process and an understanding of rehearsal protocol in the professional theatre.
- Memorize and perform a monologue, scene, or play and demonstrate an understanding of the following concepts: playing an intention, satisfying an objective, and matching physical and vocal characterization to performance venue and style.
- Compile a repertoire of audition pieces (monologues, songs, etc.) and possess the ability to create new audition packages.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of iambic pentameter and the ability to create and perform characters specific to Shakespeare’s canon.
- Create and perform a role with a dialect.
- Adapt their work for television and film.