Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources Water Science
Majors in Water Science will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge and understanding of basic and applied sciences that relate to water resources.
- Gather and synthesize information from several disciplines, formulate ecologically and economically rational alternatives and effective implement various water-based programs.
- Communicate through writings and oral presentations complex ideas and develop sound arguments based on technical knowledge.
- Pursue careers in agencies that form or implement policy at all levels of government, in public and private organizations that manage water and land resources, and in a broad range of public, private, and nonprofit institutions that are interested in water resources.
- Conduct original research that includes developing a hypothesis, designing appropriate experiments, collecting and analyzing data, interpreting results and drawing conclusions.